- Zeal for assisting people with the Social Security Disability claims. Brian has seen the results of this system first hand – starting with his own mother while he was still attending law school. Despite her terminal cancer, brain tumor, heart condition and seven operations his mother repeatedly was denied Social Security Disability benefits – only being allowed benefits after a former North Carolina governor interceded on her behalf. Brian knows that underneath every injustice put out by the large bureaucracy is a human being just trying to survive with dignity and respect. Vulnerable individuals should not face this challenge without committed advocates by their side, lawyers who put forward the strongest possible case at every step of the process, optimizing the claimants’ chances for a favorable outcome at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Represented numerous claimants at Social Security administrative hearings and assisted other attorneys in the preparation for hundred of other hearings. In addition, he has drafted many Social Security Appeals Council briefs and United States District Court opening and reply briefs.
- As an attorney, worked in a high-volume law practice – interviewing hundreds of potential new clients, meeting with multitudes of current clients, preparing cases for numerous hearings, managing the activities and work product of multiple staff persons and representing scores of clients at hearings and on appeals. This work was both time-sensitive due to varying deadlines and time-pressured due to the nature of the practice – I learned a lot, but know that a focused considerate methodology is more effective for our clients.
- Gratitude and most of all, is thankful for all I have, including my awesome family, wonderful friends and courageous clients.
Brian Scott Wayson is:
- Adept at sizing up situations, systematically analyzing facts and developing alternative courses of action to achieve sensible solutions.
- Considered a clear and effective oral and written communicator with the ability to concisely interpret complex laws, regulations and court opinions, using a common sense approach.
- Blessed with extensive experience in effectively working with clients and colleagues from diverse backgrounds, allowing him to be a good listener.
- Well-versed in client counseling, claim analysis, case preparation, and hearing and appeal representation.
- Aware that while the journey is challenging, successful outcomes for his clients are particularly rewarding.
- Recognized for forming quality relationships quickly and instilling a high level of confidence among those with whom he interacts.
- A graduate of the Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College.
- Acknowledged as a self-starter with an involved style of leadership.
- Most of all, thankful for all I have, including my awesome family and wonderful friends.
Brian Scott Wayson on experthub
Tiffany Hendrix Blackmon:
- Was born and raised in Portland, Oregon. She began her legal journey at Franklin High School, where she competed in mock trial and We the People competitions.
- Graduated from Western Oregon University with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology. After graduating, she moved to southern Florida, where she spent a year teaching special education through AmeriCorps. Tiffany then worked for a nonprofit, where she taught job training courses to individuals who were homeless, incarcerated or aging out of the foster care.
- Attended Florida International University (“FIU”) College of Law in Miami. At FIU, Tiffany interned with several legal offices including Disability Independence Group, Disability Rights Oregon and Legal Services of Greater Miami. She also spent a year working in a medical-legal partnership clinic. Tiffany served as president of the FIU chapter of the Broward County Bar Association, as a Teaching Fellow with Legal Up! and as a member of the Community Service Committee. Tiffany also competed in the Honorable E. Earle Zehmer Memorial Mock Trial Competition held in Tampa, as well as the Price Media Law Moot Court competitions held in New York and England.
- Maintained a Dean’s Scholarship and graduated cum laude from FIU. She earned the pro bono service award, and leadership awards for her roles in the school community and clinical program.
- After graduating, she worked for Disability Determination Services before joining a Portland law firm as an Associate. Tiffany is excited to continue advocating for individuals with disabilities as an Associate with Cascadia Disability Law.
- Has vast expertise and extensive experience with Social Security Disability hearings and appeals.
- Quite literally, has assisted hundreds of deserving individuals win the Social Security Disability benefits they earned and deserved.
Tiffany, her husband, son and cat live in Portland and enjoy exploring the Pacific Northwest together. When not working or spending time with her family, Tiffany can usually be found baking or crafting.